Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Overlooked Movies -- Cellular

A couple of weeks ago, I repeated my review of Red Eye, and frequent commenter Dan mentioned Cellular.  Since I'm seem to be on a Kim Basinger kick for these posts and since i reviewed Cellular way back in 2004, I thought I'd repeat that short review here, with a slight alteration.

Vince Keenan and I don't agree on Sky Captain, but we do on Cellular. (Vince's review is here. You may have to scroll down to find it.) Judy and I went this afternoon (that is to say back in 2004), and we both enjoyed it. I must admit that you have to be willing to say to yourself, "It's only a movie" and not ask for logic and/or common sense, but after you do that, you should have a great time. Chris Evans is appealing in the lead, Kim Basinger is, well, Kim Basinger, and William H. Macy plays the cop who's about to retire a little bit differently from everyone else who's done it before him. Jason Statham makes an effective villain. 

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Think I missed this one.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Let's just say it was no Q on the list of Larry Cohen movies.

Jeff

Vince said...

I still love this movie. Chris Evans can play Captain America for the next 20 years, he'll always be the Cellular guy to me. And writer Chris Morgan is the man who turned the Fast & Furious movies into the juggernaut they are now.

Unknown said...

Evans is a little less ripped here.