Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I'm Sure You'll All Agree

Toptenz.net: When writing about this, we understand that based on their perspectives, some people may disagree partly with this list. However, with so many fake news sites out there, and so much propaganda, it can be useful to go over those news sources best known for holding their standards to something more approaching real and honest journalism. A true journalist isn’t out to change your mind, but rather to tell you what is happening.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I actually do agree!

But where are those stalwarts of journalistic integrity, Fox News, Breitbart, NewsMax, Drudge, InfoWars, and the various iterations of talk radio?

Jeff Meyerson said...

And I love the link to "10 of the Stupidest Things Donald Trump Has Ever Said."

Don Coffin said...

I mostly agree (although I would not have things in that order, and I'd discourage spending much time on the "opinion" pages of the WSJ or The Economist). AP is not what it used to be (and, unfortunately, given the cutbacks in national/international coverage by major newspapers like the Chicago Tribune, the LA Times...it's more important than it used to be...just not as good). What do they have against the WaPo? And what's going to happen to NPR and PBS over the next couple of years?

Rick Robinson said...

PBS Newshour is my preferred source on television, for newspaper I usually read NYT or Washington Post.

Cap'n Bob said...

NYT and Snopes, no.